As I write this article, I think of all the times my moods and motivations waxed and wane depending on the seasons. Everybody at some point in their life has been depressed. But the point of this article is discovering the causes of that depression and rectifying it.
Here in North America a mental disorder known as S.A.D (Seasonal Affective Disorder) affects some 15% of the North American population. On my continuing journey to optimal health and wellness, I’ve discovered that the human mind and body feed off of each other.
Many times a sick mind through thought alone can create mysterious ailments in the body. And a sick body can create a depressed or compromised mind unless you have an extraordinarily disciplined or strong mind.
So without further ado here the top 10 reasons why you are depressed all the time:
- You are not getting enough sleep (I am guilty of this myself)
- You eat slop so therefore you will feel like slop
- Your body is iodine deficient
- Your body is vitamin D3 deficient
- You are being sucked dry by negative people (walking mental mosquitoes)
- You are watching way too much tv
- You are too overstressed
- Your body is lacking in magnesium
- You have lost your inner purpose or sense of direction
- You keep hanging onto the past while worrying about the future while losing focus on the present
Do any of these top 10 items ring a bell? I’d like to hear your thoughts, comments below are welcome.
Image courtesy of rakratchada torsap at FreeDigitalPhotos.net