The human body, your primary interface to interact with physical reality. You can have the shiniest car and the nicest house, but if your health is shot to hell all of that will mean very little. So without much ado I’d to list 10 health facts you need to know to live optimally and enjoy living in the body you’ve been given.
1. Herbicides in GMOs are Carcinogenic (Cancer Causing)
The WHO (World Health Organization) has released a report that roundup is a carcinogen “glysophate” the key component in Monsanto’s herbicide “roundup”. More info here.
2. Standing on One Foot for Over 20 Seconds will Show if You are Vulnerable to a Stroke or Not
This is due to small cerebreal blockages in the brain and micro tears in vessels throughout the brain. People who were unable to stand on one leg for over 20 seconds where found to have a much greater risk of having cerebral small vessel disease. More info here.
3. Lemon + Water in the Morning is a Excellent Way to Rejuvenate Your Body
Want to know the secret to having refreshing looking skin, energy and hydration? Have a glass of spring water with a slice of lemon. Not only does it hydrate your body and make you look and feel more refreshed but it also is a gentle way to detox your cells. More info here.
4. Regularly Ingesting Turmeric Can Spur Brain Tissue Growth
The popular herb from India has been proven to spur “Neurogenesis”, generating new brain cells even in adults. More info here.
5. Your Moods are Affected by the Bacteria in Your Gut
Scientists are finding fascinating evidence that the quality of our thinking and our emotions is heavily dependent on having healthy gut bacteria. More info here.
6. Heavy Metals in Common House Hold Products are the Main Contributor to Alzheimers
Did you know that many deoderants use aluminum to mask perspiration? That same aluminum has been linked with Dementia including alzheimers. Aluminum is so pervasive in our consumer products yet we take it for granted that it won’t harm our health. More info here.
7. The Colour, Shape and Texture of Your Stool is a Good Indicator of Your Health
Ok so it’s not something that most people would talk about during dinner parties. But the quality of your stool is a fairly accurate signal from everything to liver disease to whether you have cancer. More info here.
8. CDC has Hidden Records Showing a Connection Between Autism and Vaccines
Even mentioning vaccines and Autism in the same sentence is controversial would be a understatement. Yet for years it has been denied that there was ever any mercury in vaccines (which there are). Now a whistle blower from the CDC (Center For Disease Control) has sworn under oath in a Congressional hearing that the CDC knew that there was a connection between vaccines and Autism. More info here.
9. The Colour and Texture of Your Tongue is a Good Health Indicator
Not everyone’s tongue is the same colour, depending upon the state of your health it can range from black to pale white and everything in between. The range of these colours can indicate everything from allergies to parasite infections. More info here.
10. Vitamin D3 Deficency is One of the Leading Causes of Depression in North America
SAD or Seasonal Affective Disorder is a disorder of the brain which usually manifests as mild to acute depression. It usually affects people who stay indoors a lot and don’t get enough sunlight or vitamin D3. Up to 20% of the North American population suffers in some form or another of this disorder. More info here. Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net